Tuesday, April 10, 2018

Where did March go? Well I guess Spring Break took out a lot of that. Regardless, here we are in the first half of April. There's no snow right now, but that may change. I guess we'll just have to see.

On the academic front, we are beginning to work on our yearbook. It's a different company, different website, and different students, but I have high hopes of it coming together nicely. I guess we'll just have to see.

Turning to math, we have been working on equations and percents in the middle school. The kids have been struggling through it, but I think I see progress. I guess we'll just have to see.

In high school, we are working on quadratics, absolute values, conversion factors, exponential functions, and logarithms to name a few concepts. Sometimes these are a breeze, and sometimes we need to slow down each lesson. In fact, there are times a lesson is split up into multiple days just so we can gain a better understanding of the ideas before trying to work on them. How do they all turn out? I guess we'll just have to see.

As you can tell, just having to see is a common theme throughout all of my classes. In fact, it's a common theme throughout school. And that's because education is a dynamic venture. It's constantly changing, and needs to be as the students come and the students go. We begin with an end goal, and get there through many different routes.

So the big question, how will the year turn out? I guess we'll just have to see, but time marches on, so there is an end goal in mind. I hope spiritually we all have an end goal of furthering God's kingdom in mind as we journey through life together. Let's make that our goal and just see where God leads.

No comments:

Post a Comment